USB-C ports are increasingly used to connect peripherals to our computer, tablet and even smartphone. However, most of the accessories we use do not have this interface and need a “bridge” connection. Thus, EMTEC offers the USB Type-C 6 in 1 HUB.
The hub that we present today therefore allows high-speed transfer with the option of being able to connect up to 6 devices simultaneously. You probably need this gadget, so let’s get to know its capabilities better.
EMTEC HUB with connections you will need on a daily basis
Computers, tablets and smartphones are increasingly using USB-C ports. As such, the user is faced with new connection interfaces to use his usual accessories. Whether it’s a memory card, a USB stick or even an HDMI connection, everything can go through a Connection HUB.
Specifications EMTEC Type-C 6in1 Hub Adapter
By connecting to your computer’s USB-C ports, this HUB converts multiple connection interfaces.
- USB device interface USB 3.0 (3.1gen1), USB 2.0, USB 1.1
- Upstream interface loading (power delivery – PD)
- Compliant with USB 2.0 power delivery specification
- Supports 5V / 9V / 12V / 15V / 20V, maximum load power 100W
- Supports DisplayPortTM 1, 2lanes
- Complies with the DisplayPort1.2a specification.
- HDMI up to 1080p at 60Hz or UHD 3840 × 2160 at 30Hz.
- Secure DigitalTM v1.0 / v1.1 / v2.0 / SDHC / SDXC support (up to 2 TB capacity).
- Secure DigitalTM v3.01 UHS-I support (ultra-high speed): SDR12 / SDR25 / SDR50 / DDR50 / SDR104
- Type-C port: compatible with USB Power Delivery Specification Revision3.0, (Support 5V / 9V / 12V / 15V / 20V, maximum load power 100W)
As we can see, the hub will be very useful in order not to complicate your work area with dozens of “adapters” hanging. So with just one, you can have what you need to connect to your computer.
Inseparable from your laptop
The tech industry is doing a great job of adopting USB-C. However, we will still have to wait a few years until all of our favorite peripherals have the same port. For example, Apple has equipped its latest MacBook Air and MacBooks Pro with USB-C ports that even charge your batteries.
The iPad Pro itself is equipped with this type of port and thus allows greater action with many peripherals, making the tablet a Swiss Army knife in production. Especially because this hub is compatible with all computers that meet USB3.1 GEN1 / USB3.1 GEN2. In addition, it is also compatible with smartphones with full functional Type C output (PD / DP / USB3.1 support at the same time). Example of equipment that can take advantage of this hub: Huawei P40 Pro or Samsung S10 (among many others).
Currently, people working from home need to have compatibility with multiple ports to connect various peripherals, such as the keyboard, mouse or monitor. But it may also be necessary to connect to the smartphone, the printer, the scanner, the card reader or even the multimedia projector to work in line with what is required.
So, look at this type of accessory as the anchoring point of many pieces of equipment that are part of your professional, social or academic life.
Pplware thanks the limifield.pt the availability of equipment for analysis.