Gmail is one of the most widely used email services in the world and has unique features. Here we have already given several tips and you can even start by organizing your inbox and getting rid of emails that take up a lot of space. But when do you want to search for a specific email?
Learn how to use advanced search to find your emails.
Start searching in Gmail
Research in the Gmail it is relatively intuitive. Just above the page a box with a magnifying glass and the indication “Search mail” is visible. The search can start by being made simple with the typing of a keyword, email or any reference that may be useful to find the desired email.
In addition, through simple orders it is possible to find the emails you are looking for with great ease. However, these commands are not available in Portuguese, so it may not be intuitive for all users.
So, when you want to search for something in particular, you should write in the box:
- Specify the sender – from: (followed by the desired name or email)
- Define a recipient – to: (followed by the desired name or email)
- Specify a recipient who received a copy – cc: or bcc:
- Existing words in the subject – subject: (followed by the word)
- Messages that match multiple terms – OR (example: from: hugo OR from: Victor)
- Remove messages from results – – (example: dinner –film)
- Messages in a certain label – label: (followed by the label's name)
The previous process and the indicated commands would be sufficient, however, the commands are not always at your fingertips and the search in English may not be simple for everyone. Thus, it is necessary to make use of the advanced search that the service offers.
To access this type of search, just on the Search Bar, click on the arrow that appears in front.
Then, a box appears with several parameters, namely, some of those mentioned above in English. So, just fill in the desired parameters and proceed with the search.
You can also find some keyboard shortcuts that will make using Gmail even more productive: