Coronavirus has brought a new reality to the world. One of the important changes recommended by DGS is not making payments with physical money. Therefore, the use of a debit, credit or smartphone card, via the MB WAY service, is preferred.
However, with cards you may have to touch the payment terminal to enter the PIN code. With the smartphone this is no longer a problem. If you don't know how to use MB WAY on your smartphone, we help.
MB WAY is the Multibanco solution that allows you to make instant transfers, online and physical purchases, generate MB NET virtual cards and even withdraw money through your smartphone, tablet or PC. Thus, the payment for physical purchases is the one where we will focus on this article, explaining the process of joining the service. That's where we're going to start.
How to join MB WAY
First, you’ll need to confirm that your phone number is linked to your bank account. If so, you can sign up for MB WAY via your smartphone, otherwise, you should go to a ATM in the Multibanco network.
Membership through the app
- You should start by downloading the app to your smartphone. The app is available for Android, iOS and Windows.
- Have the card details that you will associate with the service with you. For example, the debit card you use daily
- In the app, click No account yet? and enter the card details (number and expiration date).
- Then enter your phone number, where you will receive an SMS with a code.
- Insert the code into the app and you're done.
Membership through the ATM
- At the ATM, insert your card and choose the MB WAY option.
- Enter the mobile number.
- Download the app (Android, iOS and Windows).
- Enter the membership data defined in the ATM.
- Finally, confirm with the SMS received on the smartphone and you are ready!
Now that you've joined, how can you pay at the supermarket with just your smartphone?
How to pay at the supermarket with MB WAY
When paying the supermarket bill, you must indicate to the person who is assisting you that you want to pay with ATM. A QR code will appear on the terminal.
If your smartphone has NFC, then just bring the smartphone closer to the terminal and confirm the payment with your fingerprint or previously chosen PIN code.
However, if you do not have an NFC, then you must open the app and choose the option “Pay with MB WAY”. The camera is activated to scan the QR code.
In addition, there is the possibility to pay using the mobile phone number, with a code present in the third payment option. However, the merchant must have the reader indicated for this purpose.
This simple process is very safe from the point of view of payment, thus avoiding touching another surface that may be contaminated. However, be sure to follow the recommendations. Only leave home to go shopping if strictly necessary.