Time is fighting a virus, but life doesn't stop! Apple today released software updates for the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV and Mac. The biggest changes are in the iPad. Starting today, it is possible to pair a mouse or trackpad with the iPad and use it to move the cursor.
What's new at iOS 13.4 and Watch OS 6.2 are also interesting. Let's get to know them.
What's new in iOS 13.4 for iPhone
IOS 13.4 introduces new Memoji stickers and iCloud Drive folder sharing from the Files app. This update also includes bug fixes and improvements.
- Nine new Memoji stickers, including Smiling face with hearts, Hands together and Party face.
- Sharing folders on iCloud Drive from the Files application.
- Controls to limit access to only those invited or to grant access to anyone who has the link to the folder.
- Permissions to choose who can make changes and send files or just consult and download files.
- Controls always visible to delete, move, compose or reply to a message in the conversation view.
- With S / MIME configured, replies to encrypted emails are automatically encrypted. +
App Store with Apple Arcade
- Support of the Universal Purchase option that allows the use of a single purchase of a participating application, on the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac and Apple TV.
- Recently played Arcade games are displayed on the Arcade tab, so you can continue playing on the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac and Apple TV.
- List view to view all games.
- Support for third-party navigation applications on the CarPlay dashboard.
- Information displayed during a call is now visible on the CarPlay dashboard.
- AR Quick Look supports audio playback in USDZ files.
- Support for writing with Arabic suggestions.
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements.
- Adds an indicator on the status bar to signal the interruption of the VPN connection, on iPhone models with corner-to-corner screens.
- Resolves an issue that, when opening the Camera, could cause the display to appear as a black screen
- Addresses an issue that caused the Photos app to appear to take up too much storage space
- Resolves an issue in the Photos application that could prevent sharing an image with the Messages application, if iMessage was disabled.
- Resolves an issue in Mail that could make messages appear to be sorted incorrectly.
- Resolves an issue in Mail that could lead to empty lines appearing in the conversation list.
- Resolves an issue that could cause Mail to block by tapping the Share button in Quick View.
- Resolves an issue in Settings that could cause the mobile data option to be incorrectly displayed as being disabled.
- Resolves an issue in Safari that could prevent web pages from flipping if dark mode and smart flipping were enabled.
- Resolves an issue that could make text copied from web content appear invisible when pasted, when dark mode was enabled.
- Resolves an issue in Safari that could cause a CAPTCHA tile to display incorrectly.
- Resolves an issue that could cause the Reminders application not to issue new notifications for a recurring delayed reminder until it is marked as completed.
- Resolves an issue that could cause the Reminders app to send notifications of completed reminders.
- Resolves an issue that could make iCloud Drive appear to be available on Pages, Numbers and Keynote, even if you are not signed in.
- Resolves an issue with Apple Music that could prevent high-quality streaming of video clips.
- Resolves an issue that could cause CarPlay to disconnect on certain vehicles.
- Resolves an issue in CarPlay where the view shown in the Maps application could temporarily move away from the current area.
- Resolves an issue in the Home application that could cause a different recording to open when tapping a security camera activity notification.
- Resolves an issue that could cause shortcuts to not appear when you tap the Share menu from a screenshot.
- Improves the Burmese keyboard with the possibility to access punctuation symbols from numbers and symbols.
- Some features may not be available in all regions or on all Apple devices.
What's New for Watch OS 6.2 for Apple's Smart Watch
Regarding the operating system for Apple's smart watch, this new version now makes ECG features available to users in Chile, New Zealand and Turkey. In addition, users in these countries now have alerts for irregular heart rhythms.
In addition, it now has integrated purchases in applications for Apple Watch. An issue that could pause music playback when switching between Wi ‑ Fi and Bluetooth has also been resolved.
New for iPadOS 13.4
At the level of iPadOS 13.4, as mentioned, the news is interesting. It is now possible to pair a mouse or trackpad with the iPad and use it to move the cursor.
Recall that trackpad support for the iPadOS was announced when the iPad Pro was launched last week.
In addition to the previous systems, tvOS 13.4 (for Apple TV) and macOS Catalina 10.15.4 are also available.